Wednesday, July 29, 2026

my personal experience with nolan's the odyssey!! (some spoilers...?)


 okay I'm ready to be attacked at this point for my opinion even tho i rlly don't care what anyone says cuz this is my blog AYYYY! so I got to watch it before opening day which i was super excited about because ur girl loves Homer and just that genre of myths basically. My first impressions were like very scattered just because I was hearing spider man and then like princess of genovia and I was like where the fuck am I. anywho, if you have not seen it---IT IS A LOUD ASS MOVIE. Which I did not mind cuz I enjoy louder movies that make u wanna cover ur ears idk why and don't ask!! but yeah, I enjoyed that concept of how they used the 20ft puppet for poly (my king) and also how they showed the different stages of how the men escaped. The eating scenes in the cave were super great as well along with as Odysseus + his men were fleeing the island as poly ran after them, stopping around shoulders before turning back. and ok ok I'm jumping but CIRCE. OH MYYYY GODDD was that good like oh my fucking god. I loved the two versions of the men and Odysseus himself kinda figuring out what was happening, so as the men were turning into pigs, he shot the dear which turned out to be a human! Also show out to the amazing crew on that film like the way that the pig scene had no CGI, nothing. literally nothing, and it was like she was sculpting them. Sometimes, I really love to think of Circe, not as a full blown "witch" or someone who possesses powers that the gods fear, but more of an artist trying to prove her point. I mean, as she said "go back into your disguises", I was already in love with that scene. It shows how she rlly isn't a woman who sees the wrongs in men and what they have done, but she takes time to reveal it and it turns out in such a beautiful way how after all of the work she put into it, it 100% pays off. 


ok honestly this turned out as a very lazy post...but I said what I said ;o


GOODBYEEEE



No comments:

Post a Comment